- Windows Certificate already generated
- OpenSSL for Windows available Download
- Working Directory is set to
- Copy OpenSSL to the Working Directory.
Export the Windows certifcate you generated to the Working Directory.
- Export with Private Key, enter a password, this will be stripped off in a later step as LogRhythm does not support a password protected cert.
- Export as PKCS #12 and make sure “Include all certificates in the certification path if possible” is checked.
Name the exported file
Extract the certficate and key from the PFX file with OpenSSL.
Open a command prompt and execute the following commands from the Working Directory
openssl pkcs12 -in my_cert.pfx -nocerts -out private_key.pem -nodes
openssl pkcs12 -in my_cert.pfx -nokeys -out public_key.pem
openssl rsa -in private_key.pem -out raw.key
Open the LogRhythm Configuration Manager on your Web UI/Console system and insert the certs.
Under the “SSL Public Key” section, click Choose File and open
Under the “SSL Private Key” section, click Choose File and open
Restart the LogRhythm Web Console UI service.
Save the generated files and PFX file someplace for safekeeping.